Launch of DigiChef Online Learning with At-Sunrice GlobalChef Academy
- Worldchefs has announced the collaborative launch of DigiChef Academy, a 100% online learning platform that is recognized by Worldchefs and designed by At-Sunrice GlobalChef Academy, Singapore’s premier culinary school for culinary, pastry and baking skills and food & beverage management education.
- The platform provides globally recognized 6-month online career diplomas offering skills and knowledge in East and West, Old World and New World cuisines.
- With 9 culinary modules, 9 Pastry & Bakery modules, and 7 F&B Services modules taught by leading industry professionals, the Diplomas are awarded by At-Sunrice GlobalChef Academy and endorsed by Worldchefs, delivering new opportunities to upskill kitchen and F&B training.
Paris, 8 of September 2021 – Worldchefs has announced the collaborative launch of DigiChef Academy, a 100% online learning platform that is recognized by Worldchefs and designed by At-Sunrice GlobalChef Academy, Singapore’s premier culinary school for culinary, pastry and baking skills and food & beverage management education.
For the past 20 years, the At-Sunrice has been cultivating global chefs and F&B professionals in an experiential environment of culinary authenticity and best-fit apprenticeship. Pioneering applied learning strategies with study and work apprenticeships and international qualifications, At-Sunrice GlobalChef Academy is a leader in shaping culinary training. The DigiChef Academy platform represents a new chapter in their mission to build craft-based education.
The experiential online learning platform provides innovative teaching and learning methodology, with an overall learning journey designed in three integrated phases:
- Phase 1 – The first phase is 100% online and optimized for access across devices to empower learning 24/7. Students are given full access to the course materials in an interactive formation, allowing for self-paced study that breaks the monotony of reading from a textbook.
- Phase 2 – The second phase provides on-site employment experience shadowing a DigiChef Academy-trained supervising Chef to support leadership training. Students learn by watching their supervisor formally or in informal demos within an everyday kitchen or restaurant environment.
- Phase 3 – The third phase focuses on practice and peer learning. Through shared video within the platform, students track their own skills development in a fun and engaging way. Posting their videos promotes communication and encourages students to push each other to constantly improve.
To promote interactivity between learning peers and instructors, an innovative digital Dashboard allows instructors, trainers, and employers to fully track learners’ progress.
“The partnership of Worldchefs and At-Sunrice to create DigiChef Academy platform has been in the works for three years. The result is the three six months online Career Diplomas twinned with Employability which we are launching today,” says Dr. Kwan Lui, founder of At-Sunrice GlobalChef Academy.
“With Worldchefs, we are now able to open up this new horizon with no border restrictions and 24/7. We welcome any WC members to support in numerous possibilities as employers, as DigiChef Academy Instructors, DigiChef Academy assessors, or to provide scholarships to DigiChef Academy student chefs.”
The launch of DigiChef Academy marks another step into the digital frontier for Worldchefs and their efforts to expand educational standards and training opportunities for their international membership and culinary community.
The global non-profit has focused on providing culinary professionals with opportunities to upskill and access quality training resources, from their free online Worldchefs Academy Pre-Commis Chef training course, Global Hospitality Certification program, online catalog of Worldchefs Approved Schools, Sustainability Education curriculum, industry webinars, podcast, regional initiatives, and more.
The partnership with At-Sunrice also includes a series of educational webinars, livestream programs, and skills training recipe demos.
“Worldchefs continues to be inspired by the teaching innovations of our friends at At-Sunrice GlobalChefs Academy,” says Ragnar Fridrikkson, Worldchefs Managing Director. “We look forward to our continued
collaboration and to the bright futures for future culinary students and professionals around the world.”
At-Sunrice GlobalChef Academy is Singapore’s premier culinary school for culinary, pastry and baking skills and food & beverage management education, rated the Best Private Education Institution in Culinary Arts by Jobs Central Learning T.E.D. Awards. They receives 2500 students a year from over 34 countries, all passionate about their pursuits in food, food service and entrepreneurship.
At-Sunrice offers Diplomas in Culinary Arts, Diplomas in Pastry and Bakery, a Specialist Diploma in food Entrepreneurship, international diploma-degree pathways, private chef classes and short Continuing Education Modules (CEM) programmes. Their diploma students learn locally and globally with 6 months of their programme in a paid Overseas Industrial Attachment.
At-Sunrice offers a seamless progression with diploma-degree pathways for 5 universities worldwide: Johnson & Wales University (America), International College of Hotel Management (Australia), George Brown College (Canada), Technological and Higher Education Institute of HongKong (Hong Kong) and University of West London (United Kingdom).
The World Association of Chefs’ Societies, known as Worldchefs, is a dynamic global network of 110 chef associations worldwide. A leading voice in the hospitality industry, Worldchefs carries 91 years of history since its founding at the Sorbonne by the venerable Auguste Escoffier. Representing a mobilized international membership of culinary professionals, Worldchefs is committed to advancing the profession and leveraging the influence of the chef jacket for the betterment of the industry and humanity at large.
Worldchefs is dedicated to raising culinary standards and social awareness through these core focus areas:
Education – Worldchefs offers support for education and professional development through the landmark Worldchefs Academy online training program, a diverse network of Worldchefs Education Partners and curriculum, and the world’s first Global Hospitality Certification recognizing on-the-job skills in hospitality;
Networking – Worldchefs connects culinary professionals around the world through their online community platform and provides a gateway for industry networking opportunities through endorsed events and the biennial Worldchefs Congress & Expo;
Competition – Worldchefs sets global standards for competition rules, provides Competition Seminars and assurance of Worldchefs Certified Judges, and operates the prestigious Global Chefs Challenge;
Humanitarianism & Sustainability – Worldchefs Feed the Planet and World Chefs Without Borders programs relieve food poverty, deliver crisis support, and promote sustainability across the globe.
For more information about Worldchefs, visit us at www.worldchefs.org.